Hi, I’m Jacob Robinson. This is my website!
I am a writer, entrepreneur, and investor. You can click the button below to get regular updates on what I’m working on, as well as 5 cool articles, every other week.
Recent Blog Posts
- People as MeansWe tend to see treating people as a “means to an end” as a bad thing… but what if it’s the only way we treat others?
- Biased ScienceI’ve touched briefly on the psychology of research development in the past, but one question remains of interest to me: do we only publish and cite research that we want to believe is true, whether we know it or not?
- Mental Illness is Not a Permanent StateThe past few weeks on this blog I’ve discussed the similarities and differences between physical illness and mental illness quite a lot. In this post I wanted to deep dive on this topic, and also explain how just like physical illness, mental illness is not a permanent state.
- Convenience and Pareto OptimalityIn economics, Pareto optimality is when no individual can be better off without making someone else worse off. Here’s how you can apply it to sustainable product innovation.
- On MeaningHere are a few thoughts I have on finding meaning in life and work.
Audience of One – The Astukari Podcast
When people start creating, they believe in a reality that people will listen to them right out of the gate. But in order to last, you have to build a mindset to create simply for one person: yourself. Original blog post: https://jacob-robinson.com/2020/10/05/audience-of-one/ Check out the blog: https://jacob-robinson.com/blog/ Subscribe to the newsletter: https://astukari.substack.com/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/astukari Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/astukari/ — Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/astukari/support