Hi, I’m Jacob Robinson. This is my website!
I am a writer, entrepreneur, and investor. You can click the button below to get regular updates on what I’m working on, as well as 5 cool articles, every other week.
Recent Blog Posts
- Explaining my Rating SystemYes, I know. No one asked. HOWEVER, as I write this it is late on a Sunday, April 24th 2022, I am too tired to write anything meaningful and I still need to get my word count done for today. So, here is a free ghost post that will only be directly advertised to WordPress followers, about my overly meticulous rating system for my art media catalogs.
- Political Theory and EvolutionAlmost all of modern-day politics revolve around one key idea in evolution. Let me explain why.
- Fitness, Suffering, SelfFor years I tried to get myself motivated to exercise regularly and intensively, only to fail every time. It was only until recently that this changed. My solution, like most of the things on this blog, was roundabout – but just like the others, it’s worth discussing.
- The New Working ClassWhen companies like DoorDash, Uber, and Instacart provided new avenues for people to work flexibly, many got excited. Now that it’s happened, our hopes aren’t quite as sweet… but here’s how things can still get better.
- Being Wise and Being SmartSome people think that intelligence and wisdom are synonyms. In this article I’m going to explain why that’s not the case, as well as break down some other forms of smarts.
Faulty Mental Models – The Astukari Podcast
We talk a lot about what mental models work. But what about which ones don’t? Original blog post: https://jacob-robinson.com/2021/05/17/faulty-mental-models/ Check out the blog: https://jacob-robinson.com/blog/ Subscribe to the newsletter: https://astukari.substack.com/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/astukari Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/astukari/ — Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/astukari/support